Central Park Boys Box Lacrosse League:
STEPS Lacrosse in collaboration with NJ Riot is offering a Hybrid Box Lacrosse League at Central Park of Morris this fall.
Central Park of Morris
IN-LINE Hockey Rinks
91 Central Ave.
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Dates of Play:
Grad Years 2022, 2023, 2024:
Monday’s: 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23 (6 week league)
Time Window: 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm (Each team will have 1 game per week in the time window)
Grad Years 2025, 2026, 2027:
Friday’s: 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20 (6 week league)
Time Window: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Each team will have 1 game per week in the time window)
Each Grad Year will have it’s own division.
Maximum number of teams per Grad year = 8. We anticipate the league selling out quickly. League is open to any teams (Club, High School, Town)
To reserve your team spot, please contact Charlie Shoulberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPBLL will follow all US Lacrosse Box Rules with league specific modifications:
- 5 vs 5 plus goalie
- Box Lacrosse Goals
- “Regular” Goaltenders – NO Box Goalie gear needed.
- **CLARIFICATION: BOX GOALTENDING GEAR IS ALLOWED. HOWEVER DUE TO LIABILITY AND COVID, NO BOX GOALIE GEAR WILL BE PROVIDED. EACH GOALIE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN BOX GEAR.
- 14 Player minimum roster
- 6 Week League including playoffs and consolation games
- 30 Second Shot Clock
- Face-Offs to begin each Half ONLY. – Standing Neutral Grip Only.
- Goalie Clear on goals – NO Pressing during clears
- 50 minute game block – 22 minute halves – 2 minute half-time
- No Body Checking
- Limited Cross Checking Allowed
- In – Line Hockey Surface – Basketball Shoes Recommended
- Free agents may register, however free agents will only be placed as needed if a roster is short**
- Teams provide their own uniforms – Teams in need of reversibles please contact league director
- Playoffs – top 4 seeds in each division advance to Sem-Final’s
- Championship T-shirts
Covid-19 Note: The Central Park Box League will follow all guidelines for safe return to play. The health and welfare of all participants comes first and foremost. The League will follow the STEPS Lacrosse Safe Return Protocols for events. LINK TO RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOLS
Team Representative contact Charlie Shoulberg to enter a team in the league – email@example.com
Price: $195 per player
**If Covid-19 prevents the league from occuring, full refunds will be provided minus a $15 administrative fee.
Players register individually